hey everyone!! I know the photographer is the main person making sure your photos are great but here are some things you can help with too!
1. Bring some sweet meaningful and personalized things to photograph as details before the ceremony
such as a paper copy of your vows, or your great grandmas handkerchief, or converse with your new last name on them!
2. Make sure all the rings are in one spot so the photographer can get photos of them before the ceremony while everyone is relaxing & getting ready as opposed to when there's a time crunch after the ceremony
3. Bridesmaids & bride, find some fun robes or cute t shirts to get ready in so the pictures look uniform and there aren't any clashing colors!
4. Take your engagement photos with the same photographer you have booked for your wedding! This will help you feel comfortable with your photographer and will give you an idea of the shooting style they have before the big day!
5. Choose getting ready areas that have a lot of natural light and/or light colored walls!!! This will make a HUGE difference. You will have more opportunity to get those light & natural looking photos. But if it's not possible your photographer will still be able to get you some beautiful pictures!
6. Bring a copy of your Save the date & or wedding invitation to get photographed along with the details
7. Save time for sunset!! I know the reception can be a hectic time, but I promise it'll be so worth it to let your photographer steal you and your new spouse for a few minutes to get some dreamy golden hour pictures! They are some of my favorite to shoot!
8. Make a list of all the family combinations you want! We most likely won't know who is who and we want to make sure all your loved ones get pictures and it runs smoothly and in a timely fashion
9. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! This day will come and go before you know it, and you're going to want to look back and see photos where you're joyful and enjoying yourself and that is all that really matters when it comes down to it! As a photographer these are just some of the things I look for when photographing your wedding but capturing all the emotions that come with this special day is my favorite part of it all!